This version mainly fixes errors in counter IOs
- Counter IOs 8 – 16 can now also be reset with
- Runtime warnings have better error hints
debug argument introduced to get complete error messages
- Format check implemented by
.replace_io(...) for specific types
Thanks to Nicolai Buchwitz
- Improved argument checking on instantiation
This update introduces the counter-reset of DI / DIO modules!
- Counter IOs now have the function
.reset() to reset the counters on the DI / DIO modules.
Note: The Wheezy (7) system does not support this in the piControl!
- Counter can also be reset via RevPiNetIO over the network (RevPiPyLoad at least version 0.7.5).
- Iterators now issue Python-conforming exceptions.
- The function
.replace_io(...) was offered for all IO objects, but can only be used with gateway or virtual devices. It is now only available on IOs that support this feature.
.mainloop(...) now accepts the
no_warn=True parameter to disable runtime warnings.
At RevPiDay 2018, we introduced you to our RevPiPyLoad extension, which allows us to use NodeRed on the Revolution Pi very easily thanks to MQTT. Here we show you how it works. Continue reading “NodeRed with MQTT in the Revolution Pi”
We would like to introduce you a solution to use events and also do your own cyclical tasks at the same time. Continue reading “Events and own cyclical tasks”
Important update + RevPi Connect
- Core LEDs will not be switched off after instantiation.
- For next generation of virtual devices we now can create more than 16 BIT IOs per memory unit.
- You can control the LEDs on the Cores (next to
.core.a1green.value = True/False /
.core.a1red.value = True/False. These are IO objects that also offer all other functions of the IOs.
- RevPi Connect is supported now!
.core.a3red are available.
- You can control the watchdog with
.core.wd.value = True/False.
- To toggle the watchdog automatically during the program runtime, you can set
.core.wdautotoggle = True.
- Internal IOs of X2
.core.x2out are RevPiModIO.io objects than offer all their features and functions. For example, you can register an event to the internal input of X2
.core.x2in.reg_event(funktion). To set the internal output of X2 use
.core.x2out.value = True.
- For cyclic work after
.mainloop(blocking=False) you can use the new exit signal
while not instance.exitsignal.wait(0.5): to exit your own loop.
The signal is set when invoking
instance.exit() or end of program when using
- Small performance improvements.
READ before UPGRADE!!!
The new version uses a new format of the configuration file ! You MUST install ne new file and migrate your settings! Continue reading “RevPiPyPLC (RevPiPyLoad update to 0.6.5)”
This update improves error messages and introduces byte summary with
- Error messages were made clearer in case of missing piCtory configuration.
- Network errors with RevPiNetIO are displayed as warnings.
- Several bytes of a gateway or virtual device can be combined as a byte sequence in a new IO. The
.replace_io("neuername", frm="8s") function for the format character s now supports a number of bytes. See DOC.