The current Revolution Pi models come with RevPiPyLoad preinstalled. In addition to executing and monitoring your Python control program, the service can also help debug the IOs, enables access to the process image via the network and offers MQTT functionalities. Continue reading “Set up RevPiPyLoad on the new Revolution Pi”
This update includes support for the Revolution Pi Compact.
In addition, the handling for
.cycleloop(...) has been improved and the Cycletools now also contain
.io. This means that you can access the IOs directly without having to go directly via the RevPiModIO object.
In addition, the .core class now always has the
.wd output and the
.wd_toggle() function, which was only available on the Connect. The software watchdog can be used with the current version of RevPiPyLoad.
This update fixes minor common errors and critical errors in network functions!
- Fixed an issue with all RevPiNetIO classes that prevented a reconnect under certain circumstances.
- Bug fix when using
- Error correction in export file for replaced IOs
- Error correction, setting delayed events to
.core.ios, such as.
- Warnings are issued once when errors occur and after the errors have been eliminated. No more warning floods in the console!
- Error counter on process image improved.
- The function
.reg_event(...) accepts parameter
prefire=True and will execute this event immediately on entering the
- All RevPiNetIO classes require RevPiPyLoad version at least 0.8.0!
- RevPiNetIO classes have the attribute
.reconnecting, which can be used to query whether the connection has been torn down temporarily.
- All RevPiNetIO connections are disconnected when changing piCtory or replace_ios.conf. The attribute
.config_changed will be
True and a new instantiation is needed.
- IOs exported with
.replace_io(...) can be exported to a file and used by other instances or RevPiPyLoad / Control with
replace_io_file for RevPiModIO introduced, for the import of the exported file. With RevPiNetIO
:network: can be used to import this data via RevPiPyLoad over the network.
- Added parameter
direct_output at instantiation [Doc].
- Indexed access to IOs via
.device possible (
This version mainly fixes errors in counter IOs
- Counter IOs 8 – 16 can now also be reset with
- Runtime warnings have better error hints
debug argument introduced to get complete error messages
- Format check implemented by
.replace_io(...) for specific types
Thanks to Nicolai Buchwitz
- Improved argument checking on instantiation
This update introduces the counter-reset of DI / DIO modules!
- Counter IOs now have the function
.reset() to reset the counters on the DI / DIO modules.
Note: The Wheezy (7) system does not support this in the piControl!
- Counter can also be reset via RevPiNetIO over the network (RevPiPyLoad at least version 0.7.5).
- Iterators now issue Python-conforming exceptions.
- The function
.replace_io(...) was offered for all IO objects, but can only be used with gateway or virtual devices. It is now only available on IOs that support this feature.
.mainloop(...) now accepts the
no_warn=True parameter to disable runtime warnings.